An example from another forum:
Audio Asylum Thread Printer
This type of contribution is becoming more prevalent on audio forums. Should we roll with it or demand verifiable supporting evidence from the absolute proponents????
An example from another forum:
Audio Asylum Thread Printer
This type of contribution is becoming more prevalent on audio forums. Should we roll with it or demand verifiable supporting evidence from the absolute proponents????
Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.
What's this "we" shit?Should we roll with it or....................
FWIW, i'm sure the Coriolis effect plays a role with regard to lateral tracking force as well. Somewhere out there is a fella who uses a compass, his math skills, and his sniper training to position the cardinal relationship between the axis of the platter and the axis of the tonearm pivot. I don't want to pick on him either.
I agree that it's minutae. But then, look how an inch or two of positioning or a degree or two of toe-in can affect the imaging and soundstage of a decent pair of loudspeakers.
I cannot be a serious doubter of Jeff's claim because if i dig deeply enough i will likely encounter factors i don't completely understand. How can i doubt what i don't fully understand?
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
I can appreciate the pursuit of perfection. I wish I had half as much time to tweak my system.
Some of it is lost on me though. My ears are only so good. I can hear subtle differences, but not that subtle
And yes excellent point Bowtie

i set my turntable up so the tonearm is aligned with the rotation of the earth today,, it's amazing.
Sonic Barbarian
"We do not need to " understand the factors " - of HOW a computer works, to go on line and use a computer",
If the original poster got a consistent RESULT, over time, why critique what was experienced directly, on many occasions.
The original poster was concentrating on the audible result, ( hearing his Joni Mitchell, "Miles of Isles" double LP set, etc , sound its best ) and not contemplating the theory behind it.
Jeff Medwin ............ The Original Poster
Jeff,
There are User Manuals, Service Manuals, Software Developer Manuals, Design Manuals, etc.
If one wishes to modify a computer the User Manual is not the go to reference.
Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.
What do Manuals have to do with it. Nada? So why post?
There are no manuals for what I reported upon. It was possibly original work and experimentation, done by me, some years ago. It worked, was repeatable, and was nicer to hear.
Thats really ALL that counts, in my book.
"Don't tell me about the Pregnancy, just SHOW me the Baby !" :-)
Jeff Medwin Low Ohms
Bookmarks